During the home hunt, you must have found a number of homes, which include home warranty of America as part of the home sale process. Even in those cases, where the home sellers don’t offer this coverage as sales incentive, still it is recommended for the home buyers to ask for one. Want to know the reason? The only reason behind it is that the home warranty works as a wonderful option to offer complete peace of mind with such a big purchase.
But before that, it is necessary to know what the home warranty is all about and the ways to get it:
The home warranty is a type of home protection plan, which helps to get coverage for any unexpected repairs. This works as a great idea for those first time home buyers, who don’t have much experience in maintaining homes. The cost of this policy mainly ranges between $200 and $400 annually. But it mainly depends on how comprehensive the policy actually is.
Though every company and every home warranty insurance coverage is different, but the home warranties mainly cover the things like:
- Systems: heating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, garbage disposals, water heaters, smoke detectors, central vacuums, doorbells, smoke detectors, telephone wiring, ceiling fans etc.
- Appliances: Dishwashers, refrigerators, washers, dryers, built-in microwaves, ovens/ranges/cooktops, trash compactors, icemakers, built-in processors and garage door openers
There are a number of ways through which the homeowners can get this type of warranty. These include:
- The home buyer can purchase one on his/her own through the home warranty provider
- The home seller can offer one as part of the entire sales agreement
- In case the home buyer invests in a new construction, then there are chances that the American home warranty will be added in the sales agreement
After buying the home warranty insurance, the homeowner just needs to call the home warranty provider in case anything breaks down in home. The company will then get in touch with a third party contractor, with whom it has a business agreement. Therefore, the third party company will contact with the homeowner to schedule the appointment. The best thing about having this coverage is that the homeowner doesn’t need to pay for the repair or replacement of the home system that can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. All he/she has to pay is a certain amount as the trade service fee.